Why volunteer with us?
For some it provides an opportunity to:
- give something back
- make a difference to the lives of others
- feel valued and part of a team
- meet new people and making new friends
- get to know the local community.
- spend quality time away from work or a busy lifestyle
- use professional skills and knowledge to benefit others
For some, volunteering can be a way of improving employment prospects by:
- gaining or developing skills, knowledge and experience
- enhancing a CV
- gaining an accreditation
- gaining confidence and self-esteem.
We have some great volunteering opportunities to help vulnerable and disadvantaged people in the Community and learn new skills to add to your CV.
Contact our Volunteer Co – Ordinator Emma on 0191 261 6027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
We are looking for friendly welcoming individuals who will be responsible for assisting staff in the running of the café.
Pay as you Please cafe:
Mon, Wed or Thurs 10:15 – 2:00
Vinnie’s Drop in:
Tuesday 10:30 – 12:30 or 12:30 – 2:00
RECEPTIONIST / ADMIN ASSISTANT
Receptionist volunteers provide a welcoming and informed first point of contact at Blackfriars Community Centre. (various days available).
9:30 – 4:30 or half days
If you have any other skills you think might be useful to us, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
These might include fundraising, graphic design, painting and decorating, gardening.
Could you help us run a social activity e.g. bingo, singing, painting, arts and crafts?
We have shops in Blakelaw, Kenton, Lemington, Wrekenton and Middlesbrough. They are always pleased to welcome new volunteers.
For more details, contact our Area Manager Steve on 07734 115316 or email email@example.com